Enrolment Process at John Willcock

Friday 21 July is an important date in your child’s education

Families need to apply to enrol their children in a public school for 2018 if they are:

  • starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2018
  • starting Pre-primary (first year of compulsory school) – 5 years old by 30 June 2018
  • starting Year 7 (first year of secondary school)
  • changing schools.

All children from Pre-primary to Year 12 are guaranteed a place at their local public school.

To apply to enrol your child, visit your local school by Friday 21 July 2017.

For more information or to find your local school visit education.wa.edu.au.


A parent/responsible person applying to enrol a child in a public school should download and complete the Application for Enrolment form below. Only permanent Australian residents and those children holding an approved visa subclass number are eligible to enrol in public schools.

Before you submit this application, please contact the school of your choice to find out about the school policies and whether required courses (Year 7 onwards) and facilities are available for your child.

Please complete one form for each child. You will also be required to show proof of your child’s date of birth (usually birth certificate) and of your usual place of residence.

An example of this would be a utilities account (electricity, water or telephone) showing your name and usual place of residence.

You will be notified by the Principal at the earliest possible opportunity if your application is accepted. In the majority of cases, parents will be advised within two working days

Once accepted, you will be required to complete enrolment procedures at the school. Parents should bring evidence of the child's legal name, immunisation records, immigration records (if applicable) and medical information.

You will also need to supply evidence of your child’s progress from the previous school. This can be in the form of reports, records or samples of work.

Any Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court should also be made available at the time of enrolment.

If your child has gained enrolment from outside the local-intake area into a specialist program, their siblings will not be guaranteed enrolment in the school.

For a student with a disability who has significant and complex support needs, the Principal will negotiate with the parent/responsible person the day on which the student will begin attending if the necessary teaching and learning adjustments are not immediately available at the time of enrolment.

Please note: It is a requirement of the Department of Education that any information on suspensions and exclusions is provided to the school at the time of applying to enrol a child. This information will help the school to provide your child with the appropriate support, if required. Children currently under suspension from a public school cannot be enrolled at another public school until the suspension period expires.

Children who have previously been suspended or excluded from a public school may be required to enter into a behaviour agreement with the school if enrolment is accepted.

2018 Enrolment Application

2018 Information Handbook

2018 Stationery List

John Willcock College  |  Phone 9965 8300  |  Fax 9921 8590  |  Postal Address PMB 102 Geraldton WA 6530  |  Email: info.jwc@education.wa.edu.au