Home / Enrolment

Enrolment Process at John Willcock

A parent/responsible person applying to enrol a child in a public school should download and complete the Application for Enrolment form below. Only permanent Australian residents and those children holding an approved visa subclass number are eligible to enrol in public schools.

Before you submit this application, please contact the school of your choice to find out about the school policies and whether required courses (Year 7 onwards) and facilities are available for your child.

Please complete one form for each child. You will also be required to show proof of your child’s date of birth (usually birth certificate) and of your usual place of residence.

An example of this would be a utilities account (electricity, water or telephone) showing your name and usual place of residence.

You will be notified by the Principal, at the earliest possible opportunity, if your application is accepted. In the majority of cases, parents will be advised within two working days

Once accepted, you will be required to complete enrolment procedures at the school. Parents should bring evidence of the child’s legal name, immunisation records, immigration records (if applicable) and medical information.

You will also need to supply evidence of your child’s progress from the previous school. This can be in the form of reports, records or samples of work.

Any Family Court Orders or parenting plans registered with the Family Court should also be made available at the time of enrolment.

If your child has gained enrolment from outside the local in-take area into a specialist program, their siblings will not be guaranteed enrolment in the school.

For a student with a disability who has significant and complex support needs, the Principal will negotiate with the parent/responsible person regarding the day on which the student will begin attending, if the necessary teaching and learning adjustments are not immediately available at the time of enrolment.

Please note: It is a requirement of the Department of Education that any information on suspensions and exclusions is provided to the school at the time of applying to enrol a child. This information will help the school to provide your child with the appropriate support, if required. Children currently under suspension from a public school cannot be enrolled at another public school until the suspension period expires.

Children who have previously been suspended or excluded from a public school may be required to enter into a behaviour agreement with the school if enrolment is accepted.

2018 Enrolment Application

2018 Information Handbook

2018 Stationery List

2018 Stationery List – Staples

2018 Contributions & Charges