Follow the Dream
Like a ripple spreading through water every Indigenous child realising
his or her dream becomes the inspiration for another.
Follow the Dream: Partnership for Success is a voluntary program for high achieving Aboriginal secondary school students. The program provides after school tuition and individualised mentoring, support and case management to assist and support these students to continue achieving excellent outcomes at school, complete year 12 and obtain university entry.
The program can also include high achieving and motivated students undertaking Vocational Education and Training (VET) school pathways, provided they meet the programs selection criteria.
Students are selected to participate in the program through a local selection process.
The program operates at 25 public schools throughout Western Australia and services approximately 600 students. The program is managed locally at the school where it operates, with funding and system level coordination and support provided by the Aboriginal Education Branch. Eleven of the program sites are co-funded and co-managed by a not-for-profit organisation, The Graham (Polly) Farmer Foundation, which brokers industry support and funding for program sites.
- achieve a WACE and enter university;
- attend school regularly;
- achieve high school grades and have high levels of literacy and numeracy;
- have a broad range of post school education, training and employment options and opportunities;
- achieve a successful post school transition;
- have high self expectations;
- parents and communities have high expectations, involvement and pride in the success of the students.
For further information Contact:
John Willcock College / Geraldton Senior College
9965 8300 9965 8400
General Information for Parents
Study Session Information